Join us EVERY Tuesday for Open Mic![view_node]
County program helps save on taxes, benefits non-profits
PUEBLO – Pueblo County’s Economic Development Department will be implementing a new marketing campaign for the Pueblo Enterprise Zone Program to educate businesses and individuals about the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit and to increase donations to Pueblo’s Enterprise Zone Contribution Projects.
Pueblo’s Enterprise Zone Contribution projects benefit donors with more than $350,000 in Colorado Tax Credits. The holiday season is a traditional time for citizens to make donations that help local organizations serve the community, by contributing to any of the 24 approved non-profit projects in the Pueblo Enterprise Zone donors are eligible to claim a 25 percent Colorado income tax credit.
- Donations of $250 or more can be made by individuals or businesses to any of Pueblo County’s 24 Enterprise Zone Contribution projects before the end of the year to qualify for the tax credit.
- The total donations through the Pueblo County Enterprise Zone Contribution in 2015 were $1.3 million and resulted in a combined $325,000 of eligible state tax credits.
- The Pueblo Enterprise Zone, established in 1986, is administered by the Pueblo County Department of Economic Development.
- As well as providing tax credits to private business for job and capital development, the Pueblo Enterprise Zone Program provides authorization for Enterprise Zone Contribution Projects.
- These 24 projects in Pueblo County encourage community participation and public private partnerships to revitalize the Pueblo Enterprise Zone.
To donate to one of the Pueblo County Contribution Projects, contact one or more of the authorized organizations. Send a donation of $250 or more directly to the selected organizations with Enterprise Zone Donation listed in the memo line.
- HARP Foundation
- Sangre De Cristo Arts Center
- YWCA of Pueblo
- Steelworks Center of the West
- Pueblo Zoo
- El Pueblo Boys’ and Girls’ Ranch
- Pueblo City-County Library District
- Care and Share
- Pueblo Community Health Center
- Pueblo Symphony
- Pueblo Diversified Industries
- Pueblo Arts Alliance
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Pueblo
- Center for American Values
- Southeastern Colorado Heritage Center
- Assistance League of Pueblo
- Pueblo Foundation
- Cooperative Care Center
- Pueblo Historical Aircraft Society
- Pueblo History Museum
- Pueblo Friends of Football
The organization must request the last four digits of a donor’s social security number or Colorado Account Number to process the donation through the program.
Donors having made a certified contribution to an Enterprise Zone Contribution Project may claim 25 percent of a cash donation as a Colorado income tax credit, and half of that amount (12.5%) for an in-kind donation.
Donors will receive confirmation of their tax credit from the Enterprise Zone administrator. The actual credit earned is figured based on all eligible contributions during the tax year, and capped at $100,000 per tax-payer with the balance carried forward up to 5 years. For advice on individual tax payer’s eligibility contact an accountant.
For more information, contact the project organization directly or find information online visit Pueblo Enterprise Zone.
CONTACT: For more information please contact Paris Carmichael, Pueblo BOCC Community Information Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-252-8550.