Communities that Care
Help Make Pueblo a Place Where Young People Thrive
Pueblo, Colorado is participating in a process called Communities that Care (CTC). This process helps communities prevent problems before they develop.
The Communities that Care Model Works
Many communities see dramatic reductions in levels of youth alcohol and tobacco use, crime, and violence.
Participating communities have seen more of their youth:
- 33% less likely to start smoking cigarettes
- 32% less likely to start drinking alcohol
- 24% less likely to start engaging in delinquency
Join the Community Board
This project cannot be successful without the help of the community. We need parents, youth, community organizations, school staff, and business owners to contribute.
We are seeking people from Pueblo who know the neighborhood and who have a commitment to make things even better for our youth.
We Invite You to
- Attend an orientation
- Attend regular meetings (minimal time required monthly)
- Share your ideas and listen to the ideas of other board members
- Participate in a work group
- Commit to a minimum of 1 year. Of course, we hope you’ll stay longer!
No experience is necessary. Meetings will include workshops about prevention science and a trained facilitator will guide the board through the Communities That Care process.
For additional information or questions, contact Jenny Case at 583-4996.