The Environmental Health programs focus on preventing communicable diseases and environmental conditions that could be harmful to your health.
Food Service / Restaurant Inspections
- Foodborne illness investigations
- Food sanitation training classes
- Inspections of restaurants, grocers, and retail foodservice facilities
Health and Safety
- Child Care center inspections
- School inspections
- Lead information
- Radon information
- Body Art Facility inspections
- Emergency Medical service inspections
- Rabies, Plague and Zoonotic Diseases
- Public Accommodation inspections
- Mobile Home Park inspections
- Water testing for bacterial analysis.
- Emergency identification of unknown materials
- Zoonotic Disease analysis
- Insect identification
Land, Air and Water Quality
- Permits and inspections of septic systems
- Air Quality control inspections
- Asbestos abatement consultation
- Land use review
- Recycling events; neighborhood clean-up events
- Hazardous materials spill consultation
- Non-Community ground water well inspections
- Solid Waste enforcement
- Nuisance and sanitation inspections
If you have a complaint about air quality, a child care center, food service establishment, mobile home park, public accommodation, public swimming pool, residential housing, school, sewage, solid waste outside the city limits, smoking in a public facility, tattoo/body art facility, or any other item that is a nuisance or public health concern, please let us know. You may call the complaint line at 719-583-4307.
All complaints should have the following information:
1. What the complaint is about.
2. The location of the complaint, exact addresses/locations if possible.
3. The owner and occupant of the property if known (very helpful for nuisance and aesthetic type complaints).
4. The date and time the problem occurred.
5. Complaints may be left anonymously, yet leaving your name and phone number allows for the best follow up to take action.