How to Quit
Tobacco use is not a habit. It is an addiction. Nicotine is what keeps people addicted. It is in all tobacco products. It makes quitting hard. The average person tries to quit about seven times before they succeed! Quitting can be difficult, but not impossible.
This list of resources shows what is available in Pueblo.
- Baby and Me Tobacco Free – Are you an expecting mom, new mom, or family member? Do you use tobacco? Earn free diapers for quitting! Call (719) 583-4392, or visit WIC today!
- Freedom From Smoking Classes – Don’t want to quit alone? Try group classes. These classes help to understand addiction. Participants will build a quit plan. This plan will be used to quit. Follow-up classes will help to stay tobacco free.
- Primary Care Physicians and Clinics – Many doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, dentists, and others are able to help people quit. Talk with one of these professionals to get approved medications at low or no cost!
- Colorado QuitLine – Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or sign-up online. Get one-on-one support from an expert quit coach. There is a chance to get free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), such as patches or gum.
- #This Is Quitting – Download this mobile app for free on Apple or Android. Get support within arm’s reach. Get around the clock support from people who have been successful quitting. Learn helpful tips to handle cravings.
- Nicotine Anonymous – Offers countless ways for people to get the support needed when quitting. Find group support in-person, online, and over the phone. All at the click of the mouse. Did we mention it’s available in 17 languages?
- Smokefree.gov – Access tools, text programs, and apps designed with one goal in mind…HELPING PEOPLE QUIT! With sites for adults, veterans, teens, women, Spanish speaking, and people over 60 years old, there’s no reason to leave this resource out on your next quit attempt.
- My Last Dip – This website offers many resources for people trying to quit smokeless tobacco, or chew.
Have a question? Contact us at email@example.com.