The lab will not be accepting water samples for testing on Wednesday, November 23, 2016. The Pueblo City-County Health Department will be closed 11/24/2016 and 11/25/2016 in observance of Thanksgiving.
Pueblo City-County Health Department laboratory is a regional lab serving Pueblo and over 17 counties in southeastern Colorado. The lab is certified through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPH&E) for coliform bacterial analysis. Supportive analysis are provided to the department’s Community Health Division (STD testing) and Environmental Health Division (plague, tularemia, limited food analysis, etc.). Concerns regarding food and other environmental testing must first be directed to the Environmental Health Division at 719-583-4323.
Current Laboratory Fees Per Test
- Presence/Absence for total coliform (includes E. coli) $20.00 (EFFECTIVE 1-1-12 has increased to $20.00)
- Enumerated total coliform/E. coli $22.00 Water Sample Requirements (EFFECTIVE 1-1-12 has increased to $22.00)
All samples must be received within 30 hours of collection. Samples must be in a laboratory–approved container. Please do not send samples to be received on Friday or the day before a holiday. Call the lab to order sampling supplies.
Information on chemical testing can be found at:
Medical Sharps Disposal Program
This program is available to everyone. Sharps must be submitted in an approved medical sharps container. Containers including disposal are available in the lab for purchase.
- Large (8.2 qt) container with disposal $15.00
- Large container (disposal only) $8.00
- Disposal of Small (1 qt container) $4.00. Container may be purchased at most pharmacies.
*****Only CASH or CHECKS are accepted for payment.