2013 Employee Benefits
2013 EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OPEN ENROLLMENT
NOVEMBER 1-30, 2012
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2013 - DECEMBER 31, 2013
Employees who have Pueblo County health insurance are strongly encouraged to attend an Open Enrollment meeting to learn about all of the plan and rate changes that will go into effect in 2013.
- If you do not plan to change your health plan for 2013, you do not need to submit anything.
- If you are planning to make any changes to any of your plans, change forms must be received in Human Resources by Friday, November 30, 2012.
- If you participate in the FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT, you are required to submit an enrollment form by December 13, 2012.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is eligible for benefits?
- Employees working or scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits through the Flexible Benefit Plan on the first of the month following 30 consecutive days of employment. These benefits apply to :
- Regular Full-Time and Regular Part-Time Employees, Elected Officials, and Term Agreement Employees
When will we know the employer's contribution to the Flex Dollar Allowance?
- When the 2013 Pueblo County budget is adopted. Approximately mid-December.
Can changes be made to my plan after they are submitted and become effective 1/1/13?
- No. Your choices will remain in effect from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013 unless you experience a qualifying event.
- The change form for a qualifying event must be delivered to HR within 30 days of the actual "Date of the Event."
- If the change form for the qualifying event arrives in HR after 30 days, the change cannot be made until the next Open Enrollment.
What is considered a Qualifying Event?
- The list of qualifying events includes, but is not limited to; birth, death, marriage, divorce, loss/change of coverage, etc. (please contact HR immediately after learning of a potential event to find out if it qualifies).