The Purchasing Department exists to establish consistent, fair and equitable procurement procedures within Pueblo County.
The Purchasing Department is mandated by Colorado State Statutes for the Board of County Commissioners.
The Purchasing Department exists to:
- Simplify, clarify and modernize Pueblo County’s procurement practices.
- Establish consistent procurement procedures within all County departments.
- Bolster public confidence in public procurement procedures.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons dealing with the County procurement system.
- Foster effective broad-based competition within the free enterprise system.
- Provide increased economy in County procurement activities.
- Maximize the procurement value of County funds.
- Safeguard the high quality and integrity of the procurement & non-capital inventory system.
- Ensure that expenditure of public funds (including Federal, State and Grant funds) complies with the terms and conditions of the funding source.