Chris Wiseman was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado. He is married with seven children and ten grandchildren. He attended University of Southern Colorado (presently CSU-Pueblo) and graduated in 1983 with a Bachelor Science Degree in Sociology /Criminal Justice.
In 1987, Chris started his career working for the Office of the United States Senator Timothy E. Wirth as a Southern Colorado Office Director for five years. He dealt with all issues affecting Southern Colorado including Economic Development and Agriculture. In 1994, he was working for Governor Roy Romer as a Community Specialist. In 1998, he started off as the Assistant General Manager of the Colorado State Fair and in 2004, became the General Manager for 11 years. On April 1, 2015, he was promoted to the position of Deputy Commissioner of Agriculture position at the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
On January 8, 2019, he was sworn in at Pueblo County Commissioner for District 3.
Chris Wiseman represents Pueblo County on the following committees:
- PACOG (Pueblo Area Council of Governments)
- PEDCO (Pueblo Economic Development Corporation)
- Desert Hawk at Pueblo West Management Board
- Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce
- HARP Foundation
- Colorado Rural Workforce Consortium Board
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Advisory Committee
- Airport Advisory Committee
- CCI Legislative Committee
- Pueblo Regional Building Commission
As County Commissioner Mr. Wiseman looks forward to ensuring that everyone in Pueblo County finds a job that pays a good livable wage. Commissioner Wiseman also has a goal to improve roads and infrastructure within the community as well as working to maintain Pueblo County facilities and keep them up to date.