Pueblo West Metropolitan District
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District was created on September 16, 1969, pursuant to the Metropolitan District Law adopted in 1947 by the Colorado Legislature, Article 3 of Chapter 89, Colorado Revised Statutes. The Metropolitan District Law and certain other statutes of the Colorado Legislature are applicable to the District. The District is a quasi-municipal political subdivision.
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District is organized so that its boundaries coincide with those of the unincorporated community of Pueblo West. It is located approximately seven miles due west of the City of Pueblo. It is a planned community with covenants, which are enforced by the Committee of Architecture. A Board of Directors of five persons elected by the qualified electors of Pueblo West governs the District’s operations.