IMPORTANT! Effective February 1, 2021 the process for scheduling food pickup and applying for Everday Eats and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) has changed.
Qualified Seniors, 60 years old and above, may receive nutritious food items on a monthly basis at no cost through Everyday Eats. Emergency food assistance may be available through TEFAP, The Emergency Food Assistance Program. Everyday Eats and TEFAP may be accessed at the same time.
To schedule or pick up food Click Here
Watch Video How To's:
Read Q & A:
Who is Eligible?
- Adults 60 years old and older
- You must have a combined gross income which does not exceed the maximum income for the applicable household size. View household size and income requirements.
- Re-certification is required every 6 months to confirm that you wish to continue to receive Everyday Eats benefits and that your financial situation has not changed. Your Everyday Eats site manager will assist you with re-certification.
- Everyday Eats recipients are automatically eligible to receive emergency food items through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
- Monthly food boxes containing 22-25 staple food items
- Nutritious food items may include cheese, milk, rice or pasta, canned fruits and vegetables, canned protein and beans or peanut butter, and cereal.
- Nutrition education relevant to older adults is included in each month’s box.
- Recipes incorporating one of the foods found in your box are included each month.
How do I Apply?
To apply text FOOD to 1-877-644-3663 (1-877-644-FOOD) You will receive a reply containing a link to the intake survey.
- If you fail to pick up your box for 3 months in a row you will be removed from the program.
- You may access TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) and Everyday Eats at the same time
- Everyday Eats food packages do not provide a complete diet but are a good source of the nutrients typically lacking in the diets of older adults
- Your Everyday Eats box is important and should only be consumed by you
- It is illegal to participate in Everyday Eats at more than one site
- If you are unable to pick up your box you may designate a proxy. Please see your site manager or call 719-583-6199 to designate a proxy.