Adding Header Media (Video)Adding Header Media (Video)
Every page on the website has either a header image or a header video. The header media is the image or video that is displayed underneath the main menu and behind the page title and breadcrumbs.
You can customize the header media for each of your pages or leave it empty to use the default. The website uses a simple hierarchy to determine what media should be displayed by default if the field is left empty. If no media is provided, the site will first look for the configured department. If the department defines any header media then the page will inherit the image/video from the department settings. Finally, if no header media is configured for the department or no department is selected for the page, then the default homepage media will be used.
Edit any page to add your own custom header media. The header media field is located directly under the department dropdown. From this field, you can select either "Header Video" or "Header Image". For videos, only Vimeo is currently supported. Contact the IT department for question about uploading your videos to Vimeo.
Once you've decided on an image or video, you can choose to re-use an existing media item or add a new one.
The aspect ratio of the header image will change slightly depending on the size of a visitor's browser (table, phone etc). Below are some general guidelines to keep in mind when selecting your header image or video:
- The most important part of the image or video should be in the center. This will keep it from getting cut-off on phones or wide screens.
- Do not include text or overlayed graphics. They will get cut-off or covered by page title and breadcrumb section.
- For images, upload in jpg or png format. The image resolution should be at least 1920px wide by 958px high.
- Keep videos short, ideally no more than 30 seconds. The video will loop automatically.
- Audio is not included with the video.
- The type of videos that work best are short drone style shots with a wide field of view.