Pueblo businesses that are owned and operated by residents of Pueblo County are eligible to be either self-nominated or nominated by a member of the community for a monthly Spotlight, which is selected by the Buy Local Advisory Board. Businesses will be featured on the Pueblo County website, social media, and may receive other non-cash media opportunities from local partners. The “Spotlight” will be an avenue to recognize and bring attention to the diverse local business community with the intention of increasing local purchasing.
A business is eligible if it can answer yes to all of the following questions:
- Is the business privately owned or operating as a cooperative?
- Is the business located in Pueblo County, Colorado?
- Do the majority (greater than 50%) of the owners or directors who have a controlling interest live in Pueblo County, Colorado the majority of the year (greater than 50% of the time)?
- Is this business registered solely in the state of Colorado and independent of any corporate or national headquarters outside of Pueblo County?
- Does the business have full autonomy to make independent decisions including purchasing, operations, and distribution, as well as the name and look of the business?
- Does the business pay all of its own marketing, rent, and other business expenses (without assistance from, or payment to, a corporate headquarters)?
- Has it been in business for 90 days?