The Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment (PDPHE) is hosting a Monkeypox vaccine clinic Friday, September 23, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m. in the health department parking lot at 101 W. 9th Street, Pueblo, CO 81003. The vaccination clinic will provide up to 60 vaccinations due to the limited supply of vaccine in Colorado. Appointments are preferred, and drive-ups will be accepted.
Colorado recently expanded the eligibility criteria for monkeypox vaccination to include:
- Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) who has had close physical contact with someone who has had monkeypox in the last 14 days.
- Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) who:
- Has had multiple sexual partners in the last 14 days, or
- Has had sexual partners they did not previously know in the last 14 days, or
- Has had close physical contact with other people in a venue where anonymous or group sex may occur in the last 14 days, or
- Was diagnosed with gonorrhea or syphilis in the past three months, or
- Who already uses or is eligible for HIV PrEP (medication to prevent HIV, e.g. Truvada or Descovy or Apretude), or
- Who engages in commercial and/or transactional sex (e.g. sex in exchange for money, shelter, food, and other goods or needs).
- Anyone (any sexual orientation or gender identity) identified by public health as a known high-risk contact of someone who has monkeypox.
Interested in getting the vaccine at an upcoming monkeypox vaccination clinic, fill out this Monkeypox Vaccine Interest Survey for PDPHE.
Pueblo has three confirmed monkeypox cases since the beginning of August. For more information visit pueblohealth.org/monkeypox or call 719-664-0768.