February 13, 2020 Pueblo, CO -The Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment invited the residents of Pueblo to nominate a Public Health Champion for 2020. The Public Health Champion will be announced at the March 2020 Board of Health meeting.
“This award recognizes an individual, business, or organization’s significant contribution as a role model in Pueblo,” stated Randy Evetts, public health director at the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment. Evetts added, “the Public Health Champion contributes and promotes Pueblo’s public health and/or environment.”
Evetts explained, “Public Health is defined as the science of protecting the safety and improving the health of communities through education, policy making, and research for diseases and injury.”
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment is committed to promoting and protecting the health and environment of the community through prevention, partnerships, leadership, and enforcement.
The following are guidelines for nominations
- The individual, business, or organization must have contributed to Pueblo in a significant public health scope.
- The individual, business, or organization must be a public health role model and live or have lived in the Pueblo Community.
- The individual, business, or organization must have contributed to promoting the health or protecting the environment of Pueblo County over time verses a onetime situation.
- Nominees and/or their family will be informed of the award.
- The nominator is responsible for preparing a submission up to 300 words (bulleted list preferred) describing the contributions of the nominee. This summary will be included in a handout distributed at the award presentation ceremony.
- Current Health Department employees, Board of Health members, and Health Department contractors are not eligible for recognition.
All nominations must be received by Friday, February 28.
New this year, nominations are electronic. To submit, click here.
# # #
Sarah Joseph, Public Information Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org (719) 583-4526
To view previous year’s Public Health Champions, click here.