October 25, 2020
Pueblo, CO. – Pueblo County’s free COVID-19 community testing site at the Colorado State Fairgrounds will be closed on Monday, October 26, due to expected inclement weather. Snow and frigid temperatures are forecast for Monday, prompting MAKO Medical to close the testing site for the day.
Testing is expected to resume on Tuesday. The drive-thru test site is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Livestock Pavilion at the Colorado State Fairgrounds (enter through Gate 4 off Mesa and Gaylord avenues). There is no limit to the number of people who can be tested per day.
Testing is encouraged for people experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, first responders, health care workers, critical infrastructure employees, teachers, and individuals who work in congregate settings. Test results are generally back within four days.
Important testing information:
- Testing is free
- Tests are administered by test site staff; self-swabbing is not available
- Testing is encouraged for individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Testing will be provided for anyone who feels the need to get tested for COVID-19
- Testing will be provided to individuals 2 years of age or older
- No insurance or physician referral is required
- There are resources on-site for our Spanish-speaking population
- Pre-registration is recommended but not required
- Registration link can be found here: www.pueblohealth.org/covid19
Testing is drive-thru only and individuals being tested must be in an enclosed vehicle wearing a mask. No bicycles, motorcycles or walk-ups are allowed. The site is open to neighboring counties.