Recycling Education & Events
Pueblo’s Free Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-off begins January 2, 2019
Pueblo city and county residents may drop-off their real Christmas trees at no cost thru, January 18 at Rockworxs Inc. located at 195 N. Vision Lane off East 4th Street, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, weather permitting. The site is closed Saturday and Sundays.
Remove all decorations, tree stands, wires or nails from trees. No wreaths or garlands can be accepted due to the final chipping process.
Free chips and mulch will be available to the public after Monday, January 21 on a first come, first served basis. For more information, call the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment 583-9901.
It’s Here! New center opens for city and county residents, households, small business, and visitors/tourists
Accepting: Cans, Newspaper, Flat cardboard, Office paper, Plastics containers, Glass bottles and jars
Fees charged to recycle tires and mattresses, and disposal of large items Click HERE to Large Item website link
FREE MEDICATION DISPOSAL
- Walgreens, 2900 Northern Avenue, 561-9728
- Unwanted, unused or expired prescriptions, including controlled substances and over-the-counter medications
- Look for the kiosk located near the pharmacy, inside the store
FREE PAPER RECYCLING BINS: PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN Midtown office–in the back lot, near 8th and Blake Streets
- A public service of The Chieftain with a private contractor
- UPDATED JANUARY 2016: Accepts PAPER ONLY; newspaper, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, office paper and phonebooks
- NO cardboard, NO plastic containers, NO metal cans; NO plastic bags, NO glass, NO foam
- Do NOT leave recyclables on the pavement or on bin lids
- Loose shredded paper is NOT good! It creates litter in the wind. Contain shred in a stapled, paper sack
- Report overflow and illegal dumping to the Chieftain front desk