Budget & Finance
The mission of the department is to develop an annual financial plan for Pueblo County, monitor actual performance against budget goals throughout the year, and maintain a governmental accounting and financial reporting system.
To develop an annual financial plan for Pueblo County’s spending agencies and citizens that accurately depicts and measures anticipated revenues and expenditures in order to support the county’s objectives, maintain financial stability and comply with statutory requirements.
To monitor actual performance against budget goals throughout the year.
To maintain a governmental accounting and financial reporting system which provides accurate, useful, and timely financial information to both external users and internal management and to maintain an adequate system of internal controls to protect the County’s assets and to monitor the receipt and disbursement of public funds in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Coordinate the development of the annual budget and capital investment program
- Produce the budget document
- Financial Analysis
- Analysis and recommendation on strategic financial policies and goals
- Maintain general ledger accounting records
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Develop internal accounting controls and review compliance
- Prepare financial reports
- Work with Treasurer to monitor cash flow and investments
- Coordinate debt and financing of County projects
- Pays all vendor accounts
- Prepare the Mill Levy Certification Report for all taxing districts in Pueblo County
- Coordination with various grant agencies
- Assist with the annual county-wide audit