The Fleet Management Department is the vehicle and equipment service and repair entity for Pueblo County. The department has 14 full time employees and operates from two locations: 701 W. 4th - the central office, and 33601 United Avenue - located at Pueblo County’s Road and Bridge facility.
The central office currently maintains 284 vehicles: passenger cars, light trucks, vans, light duty utility equipment, and law enforcement vehicles. The central office employs 3 full time technicians and 1 administrative assistant. The United Avenue shop currently maintains 253 pieces of heavy equipment trucks and other specialty equipment. This location maintains a large parts inventory of approximately $57,000. This office employs 4 full time heavy equipment technicians, 1 parts room specialist, 1 tire technician, 1 service lube technicians, and 2 welders. The Fleet Director has an office at both locations overseeing the entire operation.
How to Fuel CNG Vehicles
There are 4 CNG pumps.
Please note pump #4 is for large trucks only
- When pulling up to the pump make sure the fill port is behind the pump. This will make it easier to attach the hose.
- Slide the vehicle card in the pump
- Enter DRIVER (PIN) number
- Enter mileage
- Press NO for receipt
- Wait for authorization
Attach fill nozzle to vehicle fill port.
NOTE: The hose MUST be lined up straight and it will slide on easily, yellow handle will slide forward and a green bar will be displayed.
- Pull back the handle on the nozzle
- Lift up on the black handle where the pump handle is stored. This will start the fill process.
- Once the pump beeps it is done fueling
- Pull back in the nozzle handle
- Push the black handle down on the pump
- Make sure the fill nozzle is straight and pull back on the yellow knob.
- Hang the fill nozzle up
If you have any problems, please call Fleet at 583-6083 and we will help you fill