Pueblo County Commissioner, District 2
Commissioner Daneya Esgar began her service on the Board of Pueblo County Commissioners on June 1, 2023.
During her eight years in the state legislature, Commissioner Esgar experienced success passing bills on a wide range of subjects. During her four terms, she served as House Majority Leader, a member of the Executive Committee of the Legislative Council, the Chair of the Joint Budget Committee, and Vice-Chair of the Appropriations Committee.
Born and raised in Pueblo, Esgar is the proud granddaughter of steelworkers, a product of Pueblo School District 60, a proud South Colt, and a graduate of Colorado State University-Pueblo. She has worked as a television news producer, in higher education, and as a community organizer focusing on poverty and communities of color in Pueblo. She is known for her work on issues of equality, education, justice, and poverty.
Commissioner Esgar lives with her wife Heather, their daughter Marlo, and thier two dogs, Bella and Huck, in Pueblo.
Commissioner Esgar represents Pueblo County on the following boards and commissions:
- Pueblo Area Council of Governments
- Senior Resource Development Agency Board
- Fountain Creek Watershed, Flood Control and Greenway District
- Colorado Technical Services, Inc. (CTSI)
- 2030 Commission
- Colorado Rural Workforce Consortium Board
- Pueblo West Chamber of Commerce
- Southern Colorado Economic Development District Board
- Arkansas Basin Roundtable
Pueblo County Historical Courthouse
215 W. 10 Street
Pueblo, CO 81003