Some procedures have changed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please refer to the links below for specific changes.
The Clerk and Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, registering automobiles, issuing marriage licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board. The Clerk and Recorder's Office is made up of several divisions, which includes Motor Vehicle, Elections, Recording, Liquor Licensing and Clerk to the Board.
Our Mission is building the trust and confidence of the citizens of Pueblo County while working together as employees and servants of the public by:
- Involving and educating the staff of the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office to better perform their duties.
- Offering services in the most efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Serving the public according to the statutory and constitutional limits of the law, pertaining to the office.
- Due to the rapid growth of our community, our departments are envisioning increased workloads, new mandates and exceeded demand for quicker service.
- Due to the diversity and complexity of election laws, the Election Department requires wisdom, courage and the desire to remain focused on our vision of free and impartial elections despite the changes in society and its laws.
- The office of the County Clerk has been bestowed the sacred honor of protecting and promoting public trust and confidence by our conduct of accurate and fair elections, we are responsible for the integrity of the process which demands that these must be placed above personal or partisan gain.
Each department must maintain and support current laws and guidelines as well as ascertain new law and system changes.
Pueblo County Historical Courthouse
215 W. 10 Street