Welcome to the Pueblo Office of Vital Records
NOTE: State of Colorado birth, death, and fetal death certificates are not public records. Therefore, are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
Birth and Death certificates of events that occur anywhere in the State of Colorado are available through the Pueblo Vital Records Office. These certificates are certified legal documents and can be used for passports, traveling, school registration, driver’s licenses, and more. The office provides birth, death, fetal death, and ledger records with genealogy information from the year 1897 to present.
Applications and Certificates can be obtained with appropriate identification and proof of relationship at the Pueblo Vital Records Office located at:
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
Vital Records Office
101 W. 9th Street, 1st Floor
Pueblo, Colorado 81003
Schedule an appointment by calling 719-583-4555.
Birth and death certificates can also be processed by email ([email protected]) or mail (address listed above) with appropriate identification, proof of relationship, and required fees.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Processing of requests in person typically takes 10-15 minutes to complete, if proper identification and proof of relationship is provided.
- Birth Certificates (Español) are $20.00 for the first copy and $13.00 for additional copies of the same record ordered at the same time.
- Death Certificates are $20.00 for the first copy and $13.00 for additional copies of the same record ordered at the same time.
- See List of Acceptable Forms of Identification to obtain a Birth or Death Certificate
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Cash, Checks, and Money Orders
For your convenience, you can also place your order online through - VitalChek Network, Inc., an independent company that partners with Pueblo Vital Records Office to provide this service. VitalChek can be accessed through www.vitalchek.com. an additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.
For more information contact (719)583-4555 or [email protected].
The Bureau of Vital Statistics is committed to providing the highest quality and most expeditious service possible.