The County Attorney is a County Officer created by the Colorado Constitution, and by State statute appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.

The County Attorney's Office provides legal advice and representation to the Board of County Commissioners, elected officials, county departments, and other agencies when authorized by the Board of County Commissioners. The office handles all civil matters for Pueblo County, including civil litigation, land use, employment issues, property tax, election issues and contracts.

The County Attorney's Office provides advice and representation to the Department of Social Services and handles dependency and neglect cases, adult service matters and other civil matters related to the Department. The office also files civil claims for enforcement of child support orders on behalf of the Department.

This office does not handle enforcement of the criminal code, which is the responsibility of the District Attorney's Office for the 10th Judicial District.

By law, the County Attorney's Office is prohibited from giving legal advice to the general public. Please see Legal Resources below for general assistance.

Colorado Legal Services 1000 W. 6th St., Suite I Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 545-6708

Pueblo Combined Courts 10th Judicial District 501 N. Elizabeth St. Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 404-8700

Tenth Judicial District Attorney 701 Court St. Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 583-6030 Fax: (719) 583-6666 District Attorney's Office

Pueblo County Bar Association: Bar Association

Pueblo County Public Records Policy: Public Records



If this is an emergency, call 911 or contact either of the local law enforcement agencies:

Pueblo County Sheriff's Office-Phone: 719-583-6250

Pueblo Police Department-Phone: 719-553-2502

Or you can call 988 the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline for help.

If you are looking for immediate assistance, for mental health services for yourself or another party, you can contact Health Solutions Crisis Services at 719-545-2746: For more information, here is the Health Solutions webpage:

If you want to file a petition with the Court, the other party needs to be present in or residing in Pueblo County, then you will need to file a Judicial Form JDF 590 with the Pueblo County 10th Judicial District:


can be found on the Judicial Website here:

Contact Information for the self-help center at the District Court:

Dennis Maes Judicial Building

501 N. Elizabeth Street, Pueblo CO 81003

Phone: (719)404-8752 and Email: [email protected]

please call our office at 719-583-6630 or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.  If the party for whom you are filing a petition is not currently present in or residing in Pueblo County, you will need to contact the jurisdiction they are in.


For information on how to help someone with alcohol abuse or drug addition within Pueblo County, please contact:

Crossroads’ Turning Points, Inc., 509 East 13th Street, Pueblo, CO 81001, Phone: (719) 546-6666 or visit the Crossroads website at 

For substance abuse cases you may contact the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health - Phone: 303-866-7502 or email at [email protected];  For more information, here is their webpage: