The Purchasing Division is mandated by Colorado State Statutes for the Board of County Commissioners.
The Purchasing Division exists to:
- Simplify, clarify and modernize Pueblo County’s procurement practices.
- Establish consistent procurement procedures within all County departments.
- Bolster public confidence in public procurement procedures.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons dealing with the County procurement system.
- Foster effective broad-based competition within the free enterprise system.
- Provide increased economy in County procurement activities.
- Maximize the procurement value of County funds.
- Safeguard the high quality and integrity of the procurement & non-capital inventory system.
- Ensure that expenditure of public funds (including Federal, State and Grant funds) complies with the terms and conditions of the funding source.