Trash Task Force
The Pueblo City County Trash Task Force program was developed in early 2020 to combat illegal dumping in the city and county of Pueblo. The Trash Task Force monitors for large accumulations of trash, waste tires, furniture items, or appliances that have been dumped in fields or public areas.
File an illegal dumping complaint, by phone at 719-583-4323 or email [email protected].
Include the following information:
- The location of the illegal dumping (any cross streets for reference).
- Type of items dumped (trash bags, furniture, tires, etc.).
- The date and time observed.
- Name, phone number, and best time to call.
The solid waste program of the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment responds to citizen complaints and enforcement duties ONLY in the county areas of Pueblo.
The Solid Waste program was officially established in 1978 to reduce and control illegal disposal of litter within the county, eliminate rodent harborage, the stockpiling of trash and litter, improve the esthetics of Pueblo County, monitor designated landfill sites, and inspect vehicles pertaining to licensed trash haulers.
The main priorities of the solid waste program center on responding to citizen complaints and the surveillance of properties within the county for unlawful accumulations of trash, litter, and the absence of trash containers.
Solid waste complaints and/or issues within the city limits of Pueblo are handled by the Code Enforcement Unit at the Pueblo Police Department, 719-553-2592 or online at https://puebloco.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1097.
File a complaint about solid waste in the county areas of Pueblo, by phone at 719-583-4323 or email [email protected].
Complaints must have the following information:
- What the complaint is about?
- The location of the complaint, exact legal addresses/locations.
- The owner or occupant of the property, if known.
- The date and time the problem occurred.
- Name, phone number, and the best time to call. This information is now required for us to act.