Upcoming Laboratory Closures
Monday, February 17, 2020
Important Information Regarding Testing
- Samples over 30 hours old and not in approved containers are unsuitable for testing
- Samples can be dropped off for analysis between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday through Thursday
- Please do not send or bring samples that will be received the day before a holiday/closure or on Friday
Fluoride testing for well water in Pueblo and the surrounding counties is currently available
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment laboratory is a regional lab serving Pueblo and over 35 counties throughout Colorado. The lab is certified through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) for coliform bacterial analysis. Concerns regarding food and other environmental testing should be directed to the Environmental Health Division at 719-583-4307.
Current Laboratory Fees Per Test
- Presence/Absence for total coliform (includes E. coli) $21.00
- Enumerated total coliform/E. coli $23.00
(EFFECTIVE 01-01-20, prices have increased to $21.00 for potability testing and $23.00 for enumerated testing)
Water Sample Requirements: All samples must be received within 30 hours of collection. Samples must be in a laboratory–approved container. Please do not send samples to be received on Friday or the day before a holiday. Call the lab to order sampling supplies.
Medical Sharps Disposal Program
This program is available to individuals; sharps disposal is no longer available for businesses. For information regarding where you can set up disposal for your business, please call 719-583-4318.
Sharps must be submitted in an approved medical sharps container. Containers including disposal are available in the lab for purchase.
- Large (2 gal.) container with disposal $15.00
- Large container (disposal only) $8.00
- Disposal of Small (1 qt. container) $4.00. Containers may be purchased at most pharmacies.