Colorado Works or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) offers cash assistance and employment services to adults who are responsible for a dependent child or who are pregnant. Cash benefits may be provided to families in need. In most cases, parents must participate in work activities. Benefits are limited to 5 years in a lifetime.
Who is Eligible?
- You are an adult responsible for a dependent child or are pregnant
- You cooperate with Child Support Services
- Your income does not exceed Colorado Works income limits. View the income limit table for benefits.
Colorado Works supports families' efforts to reach economic security.
- Cash assistance
Employment supports, such as:
- Job Search
- Master Application
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Techniques
- Work Experience Programs
- Employment & Career Exploration
- Development of a Road Map – a plan that leads to economic security
- Post TANF program supports intended to help you stay employed and move closer to an independent life
How Do I Apply?
- Apply online using Colorado PEAK. Applications will be automatically submitted to the Pueblo County Department of Human Services.
- Pick up an application at one of our offices, 405 West 9th Street OR 201 W. 8th Street.
- Request an application be mailed to you by emailing email@example.com or calling 719-583-6160
- Print an application
You may return the completed application by fax, mail or in-person:
- Fax: 719-253-7947
- Mail to: Pueblo County DHS, 320 W. 10th Street, Pueblo, Colorado 81003
- Office Locations: 405 West 9th Street OR 201 W. 8th Street
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
For more information or to check the status of an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org