Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) services provide transportation to or from Health First Colorado ( Medicaid) medical appointments or services, and is only available when you have no other means of transportation. Meals and lodging may be covered under NEMT for overnight stays. Transportation, meals, and lodging for an escort to accompany an at-risk adult or child may also be covered.
Transportation anywhere other than a Medicaid medical appointment or service with an authorized Health First Colorado provider is not covered by this program.
Who is Eligible?
Most Health First Colorado clients who have no other means of transportation may qualify.
Clients under the following Health First Colorado programs DO NOT qualify:
- Child Health Plan Plus(CHP+)
- Old Age Pension –State Medical Program (OAP SMP)
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Qualified Individual – 1 Medicare (QI -1)
- Special Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
Types of Transportation Available
- Citi Lift
- Mobility Van
- Taxi Cab
- Private Vehicle
- Non-emergency vehicle
- Mileage reimbursement
The mode of transportation must be the least costly and the most medically appropriate. The mode of transportation is determined by your physician.
How Do I Apply?
- Obtain and complete the following documents::
- Medical Certificate of Transportation Services, completed, signed and dated by your attending physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, therapist or licensed healthcare professional
- Medical Transportation Request Declaration form signed by you
- If you require care outside of Pueblo County the Medical Certificate of Transportation Services beyond 25 Miles form must also be completed.
- To request the application documents by mail please call 719-583-6924 or email your request to email@example.com
All requested documents must be completed, signed and dated to determine eligibility. Documents are valid for six (6) months.
Completed applications may be returned by mail or fax
- Mail to: NEMT, 320 W. 10th St, Suite 207, Pueblo CO 81003
- Fax to: 719-583-6174
To request the application documents by mail please call 719-583-6924 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For your safety and security, please DO NOT include your social security number or Medicaid number in any email correspondence.