Pueblo WIC Appointment Line:
101 W 9th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003
Monday, Thursday, Friday:
8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
7:30a.m. - 5:30p.m.
Patients requesting a copy of Medical Records can print the Authorization to Release Information From PDPHE Clinic Form, complete it and bring it to the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment.
Patients requesting a copy of Medical Records to be sent to the PDPHE Clinic can print the Authorization to Release Information To PDPHE Clinic Form, complete it and bring it to the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment.
About the program
- WIC is a nutrition program to help income-eligible families with children up to the age of five years and women that are pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding.
- WIC provides FREE nutrition counseling and healthy foods to those who qualify
- Families automatically qualify for WIC if they participate in Medicaid, SNAP, or TANF.
- Families can apply for WIC any time. Visit the Pueblo WIC office to fill out an application between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- WIC provides breastfeeding education and support.
- Same day, next-day appointments.
WIC Income Eligibility
In order to financially qualify for the WIC Program, a participant’s combined household gross income cannot exceed the WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines. The WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines are 185% of the Poverty Guidelines published in the Federal Register on April 26, 2019. The WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines listed below are in effect for Colorado beginning July 1, 2019.
Use the following steps to manually calculate gross income.
- If a household has only one income source or if all income sources have the same frequency, compare the income, or the sum of the separate incomes, to the published WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines for the appropriate frequency and household size.
- If a household reports income sources at more than one frequency, perform the following calculations.
- Annualize all income by multiplying weekly income by 52, income received every two weeks by 26, income received twice a month by 24, and income received monthly by 12.
- Do not round the values resulting from each conversion.
- Add together all the unrounded, converted values.
- Compare the total to the annual income for the appropriate household size to determine income eligibility.
- Nutrition education provided by caring, and trained staff.
- Free healthy foods for babies, children up to age five, pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding moms.
- See the food list in English / Spanish
- Breastfeeding education and support including; classes, texting program, a pump loan program, and a mom-to-mom support group
- Free measurements on growth
- Free access to online nutrition information (WIChealth.org)
- Baby behavior information to help parents understand their newborn infant’s cues, sleep patterns and why babies might be fussy