Action teams in the ecosystem are grouped naturally by the work they do into a pod. In the pod, teams undertake activities in which they excel with an established facilitator to convene and integrate the work of the teams and to act with other pods in the Ecosystem.
- Public Policy
- Public Safety and Emergency
- Treatment and Recovery
- Youth Behavioral Health
- Harm Reduction
- Meth and Marijuana
The Ecosystem's Pod Facilitators
The Substance Use Response Ecosystem (SURE) is a Collective Impact modeled coalition working to reduce deaths, hospital utilization, and the drain on community resources related to substance (mis)use in Pueblo. SURE is comprised of workgroups called Pods which are designed to address the entire spectrum of substance use from prevention to recovery. The Pods are organized based on the role they play and how they engage within the community to address substance use. These Pods are comprised of individuals representing various organizations (businesses, non-profits, community coalitions, etc.) and community members. Over 20 agencies and organizations are engaged in this collective effort. SURE works to facilitate collective action between the Pods across the ecosystem in order to align and integrate the efforts to address and combat substance (mis)use in Pueblo.
The Substance Use Response Ecosystem is a collective effort to reduce the number of deaths, the number of addiction-related hospitalizations, and the drain on community resources.
SURE includes participation from:
- 10th Judicial District Judge
- Access Point, Southern Colorado Health Network
- Colorado State Representative
- Communities That Care (CTC)
- Crossroads’ Turning Point
- Health Solutions
- Health Colorado
- Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion (LEAD®) Pueblo Fire Department
- League of Women Voters Pueblo County Commissioner
- One CommUNITY Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
- Parkview Medical Center Pueblo Police Department
- Pueblo Medical Society Pueblo Sheriff Department
- Pueblo City Schools School Board Pueblo Triple Aim Corporation
- Pueblo City Council Rotary 43
- Pueblo Community Health Center Southern Colorado Harm Reduction Association
Joining the Effort
Interested in joining the effort or have ideas or other efforts that SURE should know about? Contact SURE at the Pueblo Department of Public Health & Environment (719-583-4512). Volunteers can expect coaching from the backbone, peer support in the ecosystem, and personal reward while helping address a community crisis.