Pueblo County Government Scholarship Program
For the 2023 Academic Year: Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
Deadline for applications is: Friday March 3, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM MST
Only complete applications will be accepted, and all submissions will become the property of Pueblo County.
Pueblo County Government, though Resolutions 15-203 and 19-186 has authorized the use of marijuana excise tax funds to create the Pueblo County Scholarship Fund.
In Resolution 19-186:
The Board has determined that it is in the best interest of the public that the Pueblo County Scholarship Fund be used to award one-year scholarships to students who are Pueblo County residents that have received a General Education Diploma, have graduated from a high school in Pueblo County or expect to graduate from a high school in Pueblo County. Scholarship recipients must be admitted to attend a college, university or vocational school within the United States and will attend such institution in the fall of the year they are awarded a scholarship. Scholarship recipients may re-apply for scholarship assistance after completing their first year of postsecondary studies, however, the County is not obligated to provide scholarship funding beyond the first year.
Who Can Apply -
POST-SECONDARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- Institutions of higher education to include: colleges, universities, community colleges, junior colleges, career school, technical school or vocational/trade school.
- Institutions may be private or public.
- Institutions may operate physically, virtually or a combination.
- Must be currently accredited in good standing.
SCHOLARSHIP GRANTING ENTITIES
- A scholarship granting entity that does not fall into the criteria listed above as a post-secondary educational institution.
Additional Information -
- Itemized project budget with amount of funds requested from the Pueblo County Scholarship Fund and the full cost of scholarship administration.
- Names and qualifications of individuals (staff/volunteers) involved in the scholarship award process at your institution/entity.
- Narrative detailing the institution/entity scholarship administration experience including the number of scholarships awarded each year over the past five (5) years.
- Current tuition and fee schedule per semester.
- Average amount of scholarship award per student, per semester.
- Narrative detailing the scholarship eligibility criteria for your institution or entity.
- Narrative detailing the scholarship award process for your institution or entity.
- Board members, their title, outside affiliation, and contact information.
- Audited financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Copy of most recent accreditation.
Application reviewers will determine eligibility and grant amount. Awards will depend upon the number of applicants, and availability of funds. Pueblo County reserves the right to offer awards different from the specified amount requested. Funds will be sent via check.
Award notifications will be made by: Monday March 27, 2023
Award contracts will be completed by: Monday April 17, 2023
Quarterly reports will be required as specified in the final award contract, but will include at a minimum:
- Amount awarded in scholarships to date
- Student recipient information including:
- Pueblo County high school the student graduated from
- GED resident information as applicable
- area of study
- residential zip code of student
- If applicable, the zip code of where the student is employed once the post-secondary education is completed
- Scholarship cancellation/withdrawals