Pueblo County Department of Economic Development uses an “Economic Gardening” approach that provides advanced, corporate level tools for any Pueblo County businesses looking to expand, start-up, or relocate. Market research, competitor intelligence, industry trends, marketing lists, strategy development, web optimization and customized research is all provided free of charge.
Economic Gardening is an entrepreneur-centered economic growth strategy, focused on giving established businesses the tools they need to grow in the global marketplace. Our economic development program looks to "grow" existing Pueblo County businesses—who create, on average, 85% of all new jobs.
Our no-cost program uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) extensively to provide local businesses data-driven strategies once afforded only by Fortune 500 companies. We map and analyze customer data to develop specialized business growth plans. By employing psychographics, commercial and government data to identify markets where conditions are ripe for business expansion, we’ve seen dramatic growth in small business profitability, and in turn, new high-wage jobs being formed.
Research from the US Small Business Administration shows that small businesses created between 60-80% of net new jobs since the 1990s, and currently employ over half of all US workers. The County's Economic Gardening program diversifies our economic development strategies by cultivating local enterprises to expand their market areas nationwide.
Businesses can use the information we provide in the following ways:
- Gain in-depth understanding of your customers, and everything there is to know about them
- Understand market dynamics in communities nationwide where your business is looking to expand and/or compete
- Nationwide analysis of competition
Marketing Plan Development
- Learn the most efficient and effective ways to market to your target customers
- Identify marketing methods nationwide that appeal to your business's specific audience
- Access to continually-updated lists of every business nationwide, allowing effective business-to-business sales
Business plan and financing procurement
- Operate with detailed market knowledge to gain a more successful and profitable operating model
- Provide information that is graphic in nature, allowing banks, investors and venture capitalists to quickly understand your business model
- Test a business idea and locations before the risk of spending money
Contact Information Technology
320 W. 10th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003