Pueblo County Government Safety Program Initiatives:
To ensure all County Departments maintain a high standard of well-being and that they all work toward minimizing the risks associated with workplace conditions that could be hazardous or unsanitary.
- Committed to reducing occupational injuries, illnesses and hazards.
- Reduce costs associated to workplace injuries for both employees and the County.
- Provide programs to maintain occupational safety; including, injury prevention, hazardous materials management, fire prevention and emergency preparedness and much more!
The County's Safety Program includes the following:
- Passport for Points (a detailed description is under Employee Wellness)
- Annual Safety Fair (June)
- Safety activities
- Grand Slam Safety Challenge
- Safety Spotlight Safety Education
- Safety Sweepstakes Scratch-off tickets
- CPR/AED/First Aid Training for employees
- On-site Ergonomic Assessments
- Supervisor training for Ergonomic Assessments
- Supervisor training for Accident Investigations
- Building Safety Committees
- Risk Management Committee