Pueblo County Commissioner, District 3
Zach was born and raised in Pueblo Colorado, attended Centennial High School and graduated from Colorado State University-Pueblo with a degree in Political Science. Upon graduating college, Zach enlisted in the United States Navy. He completed the grueling training to become a U.S. Navy SEAL. Zach held multiple leadership positions throughout his time in the SEAL teams to include but not limited to: Lead Sniper, Lead Breacher, Lead Multipurpose Canine Handler, Lead Navigator/Pointman, Fireteam Leader and Assault Lead. Zach completed multiple combat deployments with many accolades and got out of the Navy in late 2015.
Zach met his wife Lexi shortly before his last deployment and they were married very soon after he returned from Afghanistan. Lexi and Zach have three young children – twin daughters Isabella and Sadie and their son Oliver.
After returning to Pueblo, Zach, Lexi and Zach’s father, Robert Swearingen, founded Republic Shooting Range in Avondale, Colorado, in 2016. Zach is also the founder and owner of The Beach fitness club.
Zach was elected Pueblo County Commissioner in 2022 and is currently serving in his first term. He has also served as vice chair of the Pueblo County Planning Commission, on the board of Pueblo Diversified Industries (PDI) and the “Home of Heroes” board.
Service is vitally important to Zach. He loves his hometown and believes in it. He want’s the best possible community for his family and yours and looks forward to serving all Pueblo County residents.
Commissioner Swearingen represents Pueblo County on the following boards and commissions:
- Pueblo Area Council of Governments
- Desert Hawk at Pueblo West Management Board
- Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo Authority
- Fountain Creek Watershed, Flood Control and Greenway District
- Action 22
- Southern Colorado Economic Development District Board
- Colorado Counties Inc., Legislative and Steering Committees
- Arkansas Basin Roundtable
- Latino Chamber of Commerce
- State Transportation Advisory Committee
- Airport Advisory Committee
Pueblo County Historical Courthouse
215 W. 10 Street
Pueblo, CO 81003