clinical services at the health department is NOT scheduling COVID-19 vaccinations.
for information on the vaccine please visit

The Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment’s International Travel Clinic has a team of public health nurses who, in conjunction with our Medical Officer, provide health risk related education and immunizations to prepare individuals for travel outside of the United States.

Services provided include: 

  • Immunizations, both required and recommended,  for people traveling out of the country. Recommendations are based on geographic risk and type of travel. This includes vaccines for Hepatitis A, Cholera, Yellow Fever, Typhoid Fever, and Meningococcal Meningitis.

  • Information on avoiding food and water-borne illnesses, as well as other illnesses and injuries for which travelers are at risk.

  • Prescriptions for malaria and traveler’s diarrhea prevention will be provided if needed.



Patients are seen by appointment on Thursday afternoons only. Appointments may be made by calling the travel clinic at (719) 583-4380. Please allow at least two weeks or longer before you are traveling to be seen for your appointment.

Tips for your appointment:

  • Check on your medical insurance coverage; not all companies cover international travel.

  • Bring your insurance information and photo ID.

  • Receive vaccinations in a timely manner, especially if you are planning an extended trip. Don't wait until the last minute or you may not get the protection you need.

  • Bring records of prior vaccinations when coming for your "Travel Clinic" appointment.



Payment is due at the time of service. Payments accepted are cash, checks, credit cards, or debit cards. The Health Department cannot bill your insurance for the following travel-specific vaccines*:

  • Cholera (currently not available)
  • Japanese Encephalitis $347.95 per dose (2 dose series)
  • Rabies (for Travel) $500.18 per dose (3 dose series)
  • Typhoid $150
  • Yellow Fever $116

*These prices are subject to change and should only be considered an estimate.

Medical Records 

Patients requesting a copy of Medical Records can print the Authorization to Release Information From PDPHE Clinic Form, complete it and bring it to the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment.

Patients requesting a copy of Medical Records to be sent to the PDPHE Clinic can print the Authorization to Release Information To PDPHE Clinic Form, complete it and bring it to the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment.

Related Links

Related Files