Chairman: Pueblo Board of County Commissioners
Garrison M. Ortiz was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado by his mother and grandparents.
Mr. Ortiz graduated from Dolores Huerta Preparatory High School and Pueblo Community College with a diploma and associate's degree. As a recipient of the Kane Scholarship, he went on to attend Colorado State University-Pueblo, completing the 3+2 Program, earning his Master of Business Administration Degree in 2012. While in school, Mr. Ortiz worked for Pueblo Rape Crisis Services, advocating for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Upon graduating, he worked as a consultant, developing strong international business experience throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada and Mexico. As a contractor, Mr. Ortiz helped businesses implement enterprise-wide budgeting, forecasting and reporting systems in both the public and private sector.
Pueblo County Commissioner Garrison Ortiz was sworn into his first 4-year term on January 10, 2017. He was named Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners on January 8, 2019. Commissioner Ortiz represents Pueblo County on several board and commissions, as well as creating and serving on the Pueblo County Jail Task Force and City-County Trash Task Force. Commissioner Ortiz is dedicated to helping his community with his strong financial background and entrepreneurial approach to government. Commissioner Ortiz’s areas of focus during his first year in office are:
- Open and Available Government
- Business Process Improvement in Delivery of County Services
- Fiscal Realignment and Responsibility
Commissioner Ortiz represents Pueblo County on the following committees:
- Pueblo Area Council of Governments
- Pueblo Economic Development Corporation
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
- Desert Hawk at Pueblo West Management Board
- Pueblo Advisory Council on Aging
- Pueblo County Committee on Disposition of Forfeited Property
- Senior Resource Development Agency Board
- Fountain Creek Watershed, Flood Control & Greenway District
- Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center Board
- Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority
- Latino Chamber of Commerce
Pueblo County Historical Courthouse
215 W. 10 Street
Pueblo, CO 81003