The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) helps supplement the diets of low-income Americans by providing emergency food assistance at no cost.
Who is Eligible?
Households may meet TEFAP income-based standards in the following two ways:
Participate in one of these public assistance programs
- Aid to Needy Disabled (AND) Aid to Blind (AB)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program)
- Eligible Foster Children
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- SNAP (Formerly Food Stamps)
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Old Age Pension (OAP)
If you are not participating in any of the above public assistance programs, you must have a combined gross income which does not exceed the maximum income limit for the household size.
How Do I Apply?
- Applications are available at the Pueblo County Health and Human Services building at 2631 East 4th Street, Pueblo Colorado 81001. Phone 719-583-6199
- Operating hours are Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 pm
- To complete an application be sure to bring:
- Proof of age, such as Colorado Picture ID
- Proof of county residency and current address (driver’s license, rental agreement, utility bill)