Old Age Pension (OAP) provides financial assistance to residents ages 60 or older with little or no income and may provide medical assistance for eligible applicants.  Eligibility and the benefit amount are based upon the individual’s income and resources.

Who is Eligible?

To receive OAP you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be 60 years of age or older
  • Be a citizen, a naturalized citizen, or an eligible legal resident of the United States
  • Meet the income limit of $821
  • Meet the resource limit of $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a married couple
  • Be a Pueblo County resident


  • Cash assistance
  • Medical assistance may be available through Colorado’s OAP Health Care Program for residents ages 60 to 64, or Medicaid for persons 65 or older.

How Do I Apply?

You can apply for OAP benefits in the following ways:

  • Visit Colorado PEAK to see if you are eligible and to apply online.  Applications will be automatically submitted to the Pueblo County Department of Human Services. 
  • Pick up an application at one of our offices,  405 W. 9th Street  OR  320 W. 10th Street OR 2631 E. 4th Street
  • Request an application be mailed to you by emailing [email protected] or calling 719-583-6160
  • Print an application and return by mail, fax or in person at the Pueblo County DHS office.

You may return the application by fax, mail, or in-person:

  • Fax: 719-583-6185
  • Mail to:  Pueblo County DHS, 320 W. 10th Street, Pueblo, Colorado 81003
  • Office Locations:  405 W. 9th Street  OR  320 W. 10th Street OR 2631 E. 4th Street

Phone:  719-583-6160

Office Hours are 7:30 am to 5:00 pm

Questions?  Email [email protected]


View the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement