The Regional EPR Epidemiologist provides epidemiologic and communicable disease-related technical consultation, training and assistance to health professionals in Pueblo County South Region including physicians, mid-level providers, veterinarians, nurses, laboratory personnel and others in order to facilitate the reporting and control of communicable disease and other reportable events.
Qualifications | Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or a related field.
- Two years of work experience required using epidemiology skills listed above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and be able to provide personal transportation for work-related business.
- Must obtain annual flu vaccination and any job specific immunizations. May be required to submit to a two-step PPD test.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field with an epidemiology focus preferred.
Description of Duties
The PDPHE Community Connectors will administer and collect community surveys by going door to door to households or attending events in Colorado City and/or Hyde Park neighborhoods.
The Community Connectors will need to:
- Use a mobile electronic device to administer in person surveys by going door-to-door to selected households and use a mobile hotspot if needed
- Record all community member feedback
- Keep track of all surveys, households, program materials, attempts, incentives, time, mileage
- Issue and track all incentives given to community members who participate in the community input survey
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- A reliable vehicle and ability to walk neighborhoods
Experience – 1 year of customer service or working with the public and 2 years of work experience
Hours per week: 20 plus hours per week (may include evenings and weekends)