If you are applying for an Right-of-Way Permit within a Pueblo County maintained right of way you will need to submit the following:


  1. Application for Right-Of-Way Excavation Permit.
  2. An accurate sketch plan showing the location of the excavation as well as the nearest intersecting county road.
  3. Traffic Control Plan ( TCP ).
  4. Valid license and permit bond in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000).
  5. Evidence of a valid commercial general liability insurance policy, with minimum limits of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00).
  6. Application fee of $300 (check or cash).  This fee can be mailed into this Department or dropped off.

Traffic Control Plan ( TCP ) required elements


TCP submitted without minimum requirements will not be considered until the minimum requirements are satisfied.

Example of TCP with all required elements

List of mandatory requirements:

  • Work location coordinates (Use coordinates format supported on Google Maps)
    • Right click on the work location on google map
    • Left click on coordinates will copy info
  • Time window in which work will occur
  • Marked north on the plan
  • Road Name
  • Legend with a visual representation of the elements
  • Manifest with list of all devices 
  • Marked Clear Zone with distances 
  • Appropriate certificate
  • Signature of TCP designer 
  • All dimensions ( A, B, C, L, Buffer, Tapers...) shall be presented as numbers


The traffic control plan must be signed by an individual certified by the Colorado Department of Highways (CDOH) or the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA), as a Worksite Traffic Control Supervisor, whose signature shall constitute certification that the plan meets or exceeds MUTCD standards. 

In an emergency situation, signing according to the MUTCD shall be required on the project site
even though a permit will not ne issued until after the excavation has taken place

Our office is open Monday through Thursday from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm
Plan your work, related to 24-hour advance notice call , with our working hours to avoid inconvenience

If you need additional permit numbers, please contact the office and you will be given the next group of assigned numbers. 

When you are ready to submit your application and supporting documents you can email them to our office at [email protected] 

All information regarding our procedure you can find at next Link Pueblo County Code 12.08

If you have any questions,  feel free to contact us at 719 583-4723

If you have any questions regarding TCP, feel free to contact us at 719 583-4629 or (cell) 719 420-1001