Qualified Seniors, 60 years old and above, may receive nutritious food items on a monthly basis at no cost through the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, CSFP. Emergency food assistance may be available through TEFAP, The Emergency Food Assistance Program. CSFP and TEFAP may be accessed at the same time.
View the current calendar for food distribution dates here: 2020 Food Distribution Calendar
Who is Eligible?
- Adults 60 years old and older
- You must have a combined gross income which does not exceed the maximum income for the applicable household size. View household size and income requirements.
- Re-certification is required every 6 months to confirm that you wish to continue to receive CSFP benefits and that your financial situation has not changed. Your CSFP site manager will assist you with re-certification.
- CSFP recipients are automatically eligible to receive emergency food items through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
- Monthly food boxes containing 22-25 staple food items
- Nutritious food items may include cheese, milk, rice or pasta, canned fruits and vegetables, canned protein and beans or peanut butter, and cereal.
- Nutrition education relevant to older adults is included in each month’s box.
- Recipes incorporating one of the foods found in your box are included each month.
How do I Apply?
To apply text INTAKE to 1-877-644-3663 (1-877-644-FOOD) You will receive a reply containing a link to the intake survey.
- If you fail to pick up your box for 3 months in a row you will be removed from the program.
- You may access TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) and CSFP at the same time
- CSFP food packages do not provide a complete diet but are a good source of the nutrients typically lacking in the diets of older adults
- Your CSFP box is important and should only be consumed by you
- It is illegal to participate in CSFP at more than one site
- If you are unable to pick up your box you may designate a proxy. Please see your site manager or call 719-583-6199 to designate a proxy.